[TowerTalk] Fwd: KYTV, Channel 3 - Springfield, MO - Television tower top...

john johnmb@nc.rr.com
Thu, 06 Dec 2001 20:43:04 -0500

There are three 1500 ft towers within 10 miles of here. As I remember
one collapsed some time ago (on film), when an ice storm coated
the structures with tons of ice, and a warming sun melted ONE SIDE
of it, and not the other.  The resulting imbalance pulled it over
to the heavy side.

I'm sure it must have been quite spectacular to see!

John

http://www.anwireless.com