[TowerTalk] Front to Back Measurements

Bob Alexander realex@flash.net
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 06:00:46 -0600

Hi Kim,
It is not possible to get an accurate F/B measurement (or any kind of
pattern
measurement)from any rig that has the AGC turned on. Also, the signal must
be
a constant carrier, not SSB.  I am not familiar with the 756 but...

If it has an IF output available, turn off the AGC and use a scope or RF
voltmeter
to measure the signal level as the antenna is switched from 0 to 180
degrees.
The voltages can be used to calculate the F/B of the antenna.
73, Bob, W5AH

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----