[TowerTalk] triplexers and mast head amps

George Shaw george.shaw@ukf.net
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 17:58:43 -0000

O great oracle of the radio waves hear my request for this day I seek the
knowledge of you mighty lord (gee you can tell Lord of The Rings is out at
the cinema:)

I mount a 3 band (6m/2m/70cm) Diamond V2000 atop my mast.  On the back of my
rig are separate connectors for each HF 6m 2m & 70cm. Am I correct in
thinking I need a triplexer at the rig end feeding three into one?

Which triplexer gives best results with lowest loss?

At the mast head I have a single coax connection. So what if I want to have
a masthead amplifier? I see dual band for 2m/70cm or 6m/2m but can't find a
three band model? How can I defeat the cable loss on all three bands?

Now back to watching LoTR.

73 happy Christmas.

--
George Shaw

eMail:                          george.shaw@btinternet.com
eMail:                          george.shaw@ukf.net
Fax/Voice Mail:          +44 (0) 87 0133 6126
Mobile:                       +44 (0) 77 4036 1163
ICQ#:                          1741675

AN Wireless Self Supporting Towers are now available!  Windloading tables,
foundation diagrams and charts, along with full details are now at the
AN Wireless Web site:  http://www.ANWireless.com

-----