[TowerTalk] Jontz 60-ft Self-Supporting Tower Info?

thompson@mindspring.com thompson@mindspring.com
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 00:56:48 -0500

Boy, this could go back to the 50's.  Jontz and Strato made light duty crank
ups altho this is a little larger base and top section
than the TV only versions.  I remember Jontz telling the world their towers
would withstand hurricane force winds.  This is a guyed crank up
and the guess is that this was designed to support VHF and or small HF (say
a TA-33 or TH3) beam.  The problem is that with only 11-1/2" top section
that the Ham M won't fit inside.   In those days Jontz and Strato (WRL
carried Strato) gave no windload ratings.  Only TV, VHF, VHF or small HF,
big tri-bander etc.  Probably would work well with a WARC beam and a 2 meter
or one of the Force 12 beams.
I had a Jontz catalog at one time but in one of my moves guess it got
tossed.
73 Dave K4JRB