[TowerTalk] RE: Source for antenna masts......

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 01:11:23 EDT

In a message dated 7/25/01 12:04:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
k6sdw@hotmail.com writes:

> I'm looking for a source for a 15' antenna mast to fit into my Ham M
rotator
>  and Force 12 C3e yagi

    As always: what's your county windspeed rating and how far above the top
of the tower will the antenna be?

    For an 80 MPH and below and the antenna is within one-foot of the top of
the tower, go to Home Depot or anyplace that's got 1.5" waterpipe or conduit.
That's FB for this application.

    For 80 MPH and above and the antenna will be 10' or more up the mast,
then you probably need a real carbon steel tubing mast.

Cheers,   Steve     K7LXC
Tower Tech

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com">