[TowerTalk] New Source for Yagi Ubolts

David J. Windisch davidw@copper.net
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 06:34:46 -0400

SNIP
It is the environment
that causes the problem. Fortunately I have not experienced the problem to
the extent Stan has, and that is probably due to my being inland ~ 2.5
miles and about 300feet above sea-level.
73 Earl VE7IN

Hi, Earl and all others concerned:

Hmmmmmm .. lotsa fiberglas-hulled boats with aluminum masts, booms, spars,
and s/s rigging out there on salt water .. there has to be at least one
reader who could comment on what these folks do to minimize or avoid the
problems re al-s/s contact.

If Stan's place is near Portland, it could be as many as 50 mi. inland, far
enough, I would think, to avoid the salt rain on the coast.

Wonder if the grade of al has anything to do with it?    The antennas I've
made have been 6061-T6 cuz 'everybody uses that' ;o).

73, Dave, K3BHJ

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com">
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>