[TowerTalk] 40 meter FD antenna at VE7VCT

Paul Erickson paule@sfu.ca
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 21:20:31 -0700

At VE7VCT this year, we used a relatively low (40-50 feet high)
V-beam. Legs were about 315' long, which was determined by the
landscape, and fed via 450ohm ladder line to a 4-1 balun, and
force fed with the internal antenna tuner.

Netted about 400 cw q's on 40, and was also used on 20 meters.
Given the number of JA's and asiatic Russians who called us
during the night, it seems reasonable to think that it played
well.

Next year we will work on loading it on 15 meters to see how it
plays there also.
--
cheers, Paul - VA7NT (ex VE7CQK) - email: paule@sfu.ca

"Those who hear not the music, think the dancers mad..."

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com">
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----