[TowerTalk] answers re rotor control bulb

Bill Aycock baycock@HIWAAY.NET
Tue, 01 May 2001 19:56:58 -0500

I got lots of answers, fast, and I want to thank all who were so helpful.
The answers did have what I needed, but raised some other questions.- I
will try to answer.
1. the diagram for a HAM iv shows the number as 1819. Where did I get
'1820'? - My diagram simply says 'bulb', and the bulb and two fuses are
lumped in a replacement package. No ID there.  I got the '1820' the
simplest way- off the burned-out bulb.
2. the (probably correct) type 1819 draws 0.04 Amp- the 1820 draws 0.1 Amp.
 I do not know the difference in Lumens. I wonder if that is why it burned
out?
3. there are several sources at a cost of $.55- RS has them listed for
$1.19- In other words, if RS does not have them locally, I guess I will pay
the shipping, which will be much more than the double price from RS.

Much thanks to all
Bill-W4BSG
-
Bill Aycock   ---   Persimmon Hill