[TowerTalk] Rotator Control Bulbs

alsopb alsopb@gloryroad.net
Thu, 03 May 2001 08:24:35 +0000

Stan,

I've never seen the plastic case control boxes for any other use than
HAMm's.

Have had several 2's, 3's and 4's here and they all had metal cases
control boxes.  These units all have meter indication 100% on the
time.  Apparently, only the Ham-m control boxes had to be modified for
such.  Made such a mod back in 1960 along with brake delay to a Ham-m
box.

73 de Brian/K3KO

Stan or Patricia Griffiths wrote:

> The Ham-M, Ham II, and Ham III used brown (sometimes black)
> plastic boxes for housing the control unit, I believe.  I
> any case, I have one of those cases  with a couple of melted
> places where the bulbs are.  Now I suspect that some of the
> higher powered bulbs were installed and heated the case to
> the melting point . . . something to consider when choosing
> replacement bulbs.
>
> I just happened to remember that I had modified those
> control units to indicate direction all of the time so those
> bulbs were lit 100% of the time.
>
> Stan
> w7ni@easystreet.com
>
> List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,
> safety equipment, rigging gear, LOOS tension guages & more!
> http://www.championradio.com
>
> -----

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,
http://www.championradio.com