[TowerTalk] MFJ / Hy-Gain, cont'd.

Tom Rauch W8JI@contesting.com
Sat, 5 May 2001 01:50:53 -0400

I for one would like to see MFJ improve customer service, and
spend more money on QC even if the price of gear goes up. I think
people would pay a little more for better service and better QC.

I think the solution is to write the owner (Martin Jue) a letter, and
tell him how you think the system is working, and suggest what
might make a difference. Or, if you see him at a Hamfest, tell him
nicely how you feel. I know he is sensitive to rational logical
suggestions. His name is on the line, because he makes all the
decisions.

I'm not saying we shouldn't complain or that they don't deserve an
occasional roasting for something. I think if we take the time to
complain we should at least spend a few minutes complaining
where it will do some good! I'm sure once Martin Jue understands
he has a problem, he will try to correct it.

The biggest problem is getting someone to realize they have a
problem. In the mean time, NEVER e-mail them and expect a
response. Same for writing letters. Both are subject to long delays,
or no response at all. The system should not work that way, but it
sure does!

Call on the WATTS line, and get a name. Then you can toast the
guy (or girl) if they drop the ball.
73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,