[TowerTalk] Housekeeping - AOL V6

UpTheTower@aol.com UpTheTower@aol.com
Sun, 6 May 2001 23:42:01 EDT

Hello, TowerTalkians --

    For those of you that use AOL (10% of TowerTalk subscribers), V6 is
pretty much hardwired to HTML which contesting.com can't handle. KB9MCI was
nice enough to pass this along.

>> POSTING TO TOWERTALK USING AOL 6.0:

METHOD-1:
When authoring e-mail in AOL version 6.0, remove all formatting from the
message body and send the message in the AOL 6.0 default of Arial, size 10
and do not include any bold/italics/underline, colors, or other styles.

METHOD-2:
Use AOL Mail on the Web located at the site:  http://www.aol.com
You can send e-mail from AOL Mail on the Web to Internet addresses that
reject formatting because AOL Mail on the Web sends mail as plain text only.

    Using aol.com is a huge pain in the butt but apparently will work. My
suggestion is to go back to V5 which I use and works FB - then you won't have
any problems!

Cheers,    Steve    K7LXC
TT Admin

List Sponsor:  Champion Radio Products - We'll be at the Dayton Hamvention
with all of our safety equipment and other products. Stop by booth #559 and
say hi.
<A HREF="http://www.championradio.com">www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----