[TowerTalk] dB Loss Equivilents for SWR Values

Jim Reid kh7m@hsa-kauai.net
Fri, 25 May 2001 11:29:17 -1000

Nat asked:

> Does anyone know how to calculate the dB loss equivalents
> for given SWR values? Either a on-line chart of the equivalent
> loss for all SWR values or a formula where I could plug in
> various values and generate a like chart would be great.

Nat what you are looking for has just been "re-published".
>From Worldradio,  buy Walter Maxwell's  "Reflections II"
In Chapter 6,  page 6-6,  you will find a full page nomegraph
which gives all the variables applicable vs.  the resistive
attenuation and reflection coefficients/vswrs of and on the
transmission line.  All the equations are also listed on page
6-7 right next to the nomegraph,  but they are too many and
a bit complex to try to send in an email.  Buy Walt's book,
and you will learn a whole lot!!!

Book is $19.95 and was first released at Dayton a week ago
today!  I have my copy mailed from Sacramento already.  Walt
has completely rewritten and reorganized the Reflections I
book from 1990.  Highly recommended reading for all of us.
Published by Worldradio Books, 2120 28th Street, Sacramento,
CA 95818;  but I called on the phone ( 1-916-457-3655).  Used
my Visa card;  they mailed the book out the same day via
Priority Mail service!

I have no connection to Worldradio,  nor to Walt,  other than
friendship going back many,  many years!  However,  we have
never met face to face,  as is the case with many amateur
radio friendships;  even here in Hawaii where we are separated
among several islands with no roads between,  hi.

73,  Jim,  KH7M

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com">
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>