[TowerTalk] Strange antenna

Peter Larsen ve6yc@home.com
Mon, 08 Oct 2001 22:58:46 +0100

Yesterday I put a 102 inch whip on a L bracket at the feed
point of my 160 meter inverted L antenna. I have 16 full
sized radials for 160, but the antenna is down. (All of my
antennas are down)
So I thought that I would be on ten meters. I put a 10 foot
coil (6 inch center) of 213 at the base as a jumper from the
feed point to the L bracket. It worked only on 12 meters.
I replaced the 213 with 1 foot of 58/U foam and now it works
from 15 meters (2.1 swr) all  the way through ten (1.1 swr)
Very strange, but I have worked W6, W3, and JA with it.
(OK no real DX but still fun)
I talked with a W3 for 30 minutes and he gave me a 57 to 59,
He was running 800 watts and a 2 elem quad, I was running 100
watts and the whip.
So What is up with this antenna?
If any one wants a picture of the whip please e-mail me off of
the reflector.

--
 Peter J. Larsen

http://members.home.net/ve6yc