[TowerTalk] What about hams with small lots???

David L. Thompson thompson@mindspring.com
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 19:03:43 -0400

I keep seeing 4 squares on 80 and 165 foot towers with stacked 3 el 40 meter
beams.  Well I suspect that most don't have
the real estate to use anything like this.    What about effective antennas
for those of us on small lots (for those fortunate enough
not to have antenna restrictions).

I have tried over the years to put up good antennas on my 1/2 acre tree
filled lot with a two story house in the middle.   I think a large chunk of
hams on the reflector would like how to put together effective, competitive
stations that overcome the problems of interactions and RFI that I have run
into...Especially for those of us who are trying to work 160 to 10 or even
VHF.   I think 20 to VHF can be accomplished easy enough, but beyond a 2 el
40 how do we get antennas to put out a large signal on 40, 80 or 160 and not
be an alligator (no RX antenna).
Then there is the problem of interaction with antennas all over the place.
I have my ideas ...how about yours?

Just my two cents...

73 Dave K4JRB

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,