[TowerTalk] Crank-up towers -- How to search the archives

Jim Smith jimsmith@home.com
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 01:31:09 -0700

CONTESTING.COM NEEDS TO PUT INFORMATION RIGHT UP FRONT ON THEIR
HOME PAGE ON HOW TO SEARCH THEIR SITE.

I think it took me two months to find where the "how to search the
site" instructions were buried.

Then I forgot and had to dig around again.

I don't remember now where the instructions are.  Fortunately, I
do remember how to do it.

I am far from being computer illiterate but I don't have a lot of
time or patience for diggging in help or faq files for how to use
the major resource of a site which, in this case, is the archives.

Sorry guys, I should have sent my suggestion to contesting.com in
a non-public e-mail but Gary hit one of my hot buttons.
	The fact that neither Gary nor Ken knew how to do this suggests
that I am not alone.
	Then again, I recall a request for some modest financial support
to which I was going to respond but forgot so I guess I need to
remember that old Broadway musical critic dictum, "You don't knock
the show on a free ticket."
		So, tell me where to send the money.

Gary & Ken

Go to www.contesting.com
In the List Search box on the left side of the screen enter
towertalk crank (case doesn't matter).
Hit GO
See 1,628 responses from the entire TT archive with the word
"crank"
Browse through the ones that look interesting.
Don't search for towertalk up unless you want to wade through
66,679 items.

To search for an item in another list enter the list name and the
topic.  e.g TRLog SO1.5R (a bit of shameless self-aggrandizement
here, but, if you want to do SO2R with one radio, this may get you
close).

73 de Jim Smith	VE7FO

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----