[TowerTalk] Twin helical verticals

Tom Osborne w7why@harborside.com
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 22:40:29 -0700

Hi All

A few years back there was an article on a helical vertical for
40, 30 and 20 meters.  It was wound on a could pieces of PCV
tubing.  We (our club) built one and used it on field day and it
worked pretty well considering.
I was wondering, can you wind 2 or 3 helical antennas on the same
support?  Would it be like a log cell, as per the C-3 type
antenna.  Has anyone ever modeled something like that?  Thanks.
Tom W7WHY

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----