[Towertalk] UPDATE: Great Tower Ordinance

Gary Dixon gdixon@fmtc.net
Fri, 05 Apr 2002 16:27:30 -0500

 Fellows, I just did not give it a lot of thought when I sent the =
earlier message out with the complete tower ordinance attached. Just did =
not realize that attachments would not make it through the reflector.

With that in mind I have copied the most important paragraph of the =
tower ordinance and pasted it below. It is really not important what the =
rest of the ordinance says. If your tower (100 feet max)  is to be use =
solely for amateur radio the rest of the regulations in the tower =
ordinance DO NOT apply.

If you can get your city / county people to buy into this as we did then =
you are home free.
  Good Luck !

     Gary, K4MQG
SECTION 10.16.1             DEFINITIONS.

 As used in this section, the following words or phrases shall have the =
meanings as described  herein:

 a.  A Communications tower@ or Tower@, is a structure more than 60 feet =
tall used primarily for the support of one or more antennae erected on =
the ground or a similar structure more than 20 feet tall erected on a =
building. The height of the tower shall include any antenna that extends =
above the top of the tower. Sections 10.16.2 through 10.16.8 shall not =
apply to any tower less than 100 feet tall used solely to support =
antennae operated by a licensed amateur radio operator or to towers =
licensed by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for radio and =
television broadcasts.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---