[Towertalk] Orion RC2800 controller

David Courtier-Dutton David Courtier-Dutton" <G3FPQ@arrl.net
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 14:16:00 +0100

I have been using a small Prop Pitch motor for many years and the weak =
point has always been my home made direction indicator.I am interested =
in the Orion RC2800 control unit,but I find the specifications on the M2 =
site confusing.The RC2800P and the RC2800PP-PROP PITCH controller have =
precisely the same specifications,word for word,yet one is $395 and the =
other is $549.When I ask M2 if the RC2800P at $395 would control my prop =
pitch,I am told that the power supply is not adequate,yet according to =
the specifications both the RC2800P and the RC2800PP have standard =
output volts of 33VDC @ 12A. Can anyone help clear up this confusion?
I would also be interested in comments and advice from anyone who has =
actually used the RC2800P or the RC2800PP to control a prop pitch.How =
reliable are they and are there any particular points to watch when =
setting them up? I note that Clive GM3POI on 28 July 2000 seemed to have =
a problem with the indicator reed relay missing pulses from the rotating =
magnet.Has anyone else had a similar problem and if so what was the =
solution?
73 de David, G3FPQ=20

multipart/alternative
  text/html