[Towertalk] 40m beams

Barry Kirkwood bjk@ihug.co.nz
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 18:11:11 -0000

FWIW
Some years back a writer in RSGB Radio Communication magazine gave listening
reports of UK 40m signals as heard in Australia.
Top ratings went to Cushcraft 40CD or  four square arrays.
Results obviously influenced by other variables such a location, tx power.
Also other makes of 40m beams were not well represented at that time.
But certainly indicates that four squres and 40CD are not bad.
I have F12 C-4SXL and am happy but not ecstatic about performance on 40, in
contrast to other bands where it exceeds my expectations.
Sometimes wonder if the 40m reflector is worth the trouble and would be
interested to hear from anyone who has moved from single element to two
element combination ( or vice versa)
73
Barry

end