[Towertalk] covering unused PL259 ? de n9vv

Jim Lux jimlux@earthlink.net
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 10:20:56 -0700

They make dust/protective caps for SO239 connectors that are threaded to match, and have a rubber gasket, just for this sort of use. About $3 from Pasternack, for instance.

One could also use "Capplug" type plastic caps. These are used for all manner of round connectors and are available in a plethora of sizes (from SMB sized on up to real big ones for multipin "Bendix style" circular connectors.  Find one snug enough that it engages the threads in the SO239 and you're all set.

Or, perhaps one could use PVC pipe end caps (if you can find them in the right size...)