[Towertalk] Non-stretch rope, cont'd.

Signal Hill Ranch shr@ricc.net
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 07:52:13 -0600

At 08:30 AM 4/16/2002 -0500, you wrote:

>Thanks to all who replied in my posting about the material
>that KLM supplied for boom support material with their
>HF yagi antennas. Most of the replies indicated that this
>material was Phillystran.
>
>I looked at a piece of this material that I have and it appears
>to be 1/8" diameter. I checked out the Texas Towers web-
>site and it lists various sizes of Phillystran but doesn't give
>the actual sizes. I think the smallest size that they carry goes
>for 45 cents per foot. Can someone tell me what the sizes
>are, in correlation to their part numbers? Thanks!
>
>73 de Brad, N9EN @ Radio Free Roscoe (IL)

Current Philly products are now somewhat different than the older
product that was supplied with KLM antennas--mostly having to
do with the jacket thickness.   So OD of the jacket is not a
good correlation with strength--depending on vintage of the
cable.  The strength comes from the diameter of the Kevlar core.

You can contact Ken Knight for Phillystran info and his
address is on their web site.     http://www.phillystran.com
Not a very good web site--not much in the way of technical "meat"
there.

--John   W0UN

John W. Brosnahan
shr@ricc.net