[Towertalk] Prosistel Rotors

Eugene Jensen eugenejensen@nyc.rr.com
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 22:21:36 -0500

When I was doing my research, for my tower project, I looked at the
Prosistel line of rotors at Dayton.  They certainly apparently look well
built and as others have said, they have not been that long in service.
One thing that I have not noted that anyone mentioning, they are really
meant for guyed towers or that particular configuration unless you can
live with your crank down not fully retracting.  I went with the M2 2800
as it certainly is built like a tank too and it does have a long track
record.  Also, apparently at Dayton, I ran across a couple of Hams who
had owned them, who had had problems with them, but in all fairness, I
think the real problem was a now defunct company called "First Call
Communications" who was the distributor at that time.  And they were
having warranty problems.  73's Gene K2QWD