[Towertalk] OCF Longwire with moveable feed point

N4CW@aol.com N4CW@aol.com
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 09:20:02 EDT

Well, it just occurred to me that if the feedline were not isolated from the
antenna, such as feeding the OCF with a straight wire (like one version of
the old Windom), or using balanced wire feedline (the feedline would be
balanced, but the feedpoint wouldn't!), perhaps that would distort the
radiation pattern somewhat.
And, if the conclusion was arrived at experimentally, it may be that the
feedline situation wasn't considered as having any effect.
Just a flash from that dim bulb in my head (remember the once-only flashbulbs
in days of old?).
73, Bert N4CW