[Towertalk] shoes...

George Shaw george.shaw@ukf.net
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 10:12:46 +0100

Question from a UK guy!

I take it that when you talk of a steel shank you're referring to a
support that runs from the toe to heel rather than the heel up? I have
asked for steel shank work boots in several stores and they all look
blankly at me. I guess that the test of bending the shoe/boot along the
toe/heel plane will tell me more? If it doesn't bend then it gets more
brownie points? Right?

George Shaw

Mobile: +44 (0) 7740 361 163
Email: george.shaw@ukf.net

-----Original Message-----
From: towertalk-admin@contesting.com
[mailto:towertalk-admin@contesting.com] On Behalf Of Bill Coleman
Sent: 27 April 2002 03:49
To: Jim White; Bill Coleman; Steve Litwins; Towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Towertalk] shoes...

On 4/26/02 10:43 PM, Jim White at k4oj@tampabay.rr.com wrote:

> I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS - AT WALMART????
>
>I have been hunting a good pair of steel shank shoes for years and
theonly
>ones I could find were ten times this price....are you sure this is a
shank
>that runs the length of the sole?

I don't know if the shoes I bought meet all your requirements.

WalMart had several varieties of work shoes. Many had steel toes. Only a

few had steel shanks. The kind I got will bend somewhat from front to
back, but they are very stiff. For $25, it's worth a look.

You may prefer something more elaborate and expensive. My feet and my
wallet are satisfied with my $25 shoes.

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901