[Towertalk] Universal aluminum

Larry D N8KU@longwire.com
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 08:20:01 -0400

I am finalizing plans to put up my first tower, I have settled on a Universal
80' with 30" base. I am interested in comments, tips, suggestions, etc.

This tower will be primarily for Internet access, but I do plan to put a 30m
ground plane on top. Still trying to figure a way to attach some solid
radials instead of wires. I will finish it off with a 40m inverted vee.

I have heard that the base (just 3 posts) is a little difficult to line up, so
I plan to weld a couple of rebars on to them to hold them together while
concrete is poured.

--

 l o n g w i r e . c o m
90%CW  +  10% PSK  =  100% HF