[Towertalk] Inverted L - Thanks for the Help.

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 06:02:00 -0600

Regarding placement of the 'tail' on an inverted L,
I've have the 'feeling' that there is some cancellation
in the direction of the tail.

Consider a takeoff angle of 45 degrees, through the tail.
Draw a 45 degree line that intersects both sections of
the inverted L.  Note that the current in the horizontal
section crosses the sloping line in the OPPOSITE
direction from the current in the vertical section.
To my mind, this creates a *partial cancellation* in
the field intensity in that direction.  Correct?
I assume the cancellation is partial since the
current intensity is less in the tail than in the
vertical portion.

Regarding radials, just run them STRAIGHT out
as far as you can go on your property.  I don't see
any benefit in coiling or bending ground mounted
radials.

Tom   N4KG

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.