[Towertalk] Force 12 vs. Cushcraft who wins?

kk9a@arrl.net kk9a@arrl.net
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 16:33:37 -0000

It's interesting that you said this.  Several years ago I tried to purchase
some de-expedition antennas for a trip to Grand Cayman.  I called Tom a
number of times and he never returned the calls.  I build my own antennas
instead and crossed Force12 off of my list of suppliers.  I am now looking
for antennas for my house in Aruba.  Most of the locals are now using
Force12 products and they are surviving the harsh climate.  They also
perform well and I am once again considering their product.  Hopefully their
customer service has improved.

John

----- Original Message -----
From: <K7LXC@aol.com>
To: <kk9a@arrl.net>; <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, December 02, 2002 16:22
Subject: Re: [Towertalk] Force 12 vs. Cushcraft who wins?

In a message dated 12/2/02 6:46:29 AM Pacific Standard Time, kk9a@arrl.net
writes:

>  I would like to point out that my 2001 Force12
>  catalog shows Champion Radio as one of their USA dealers.  I don't know
if
>  he still is a dealer and hopefully his recommendations are unbiased.

    Several years ago before F12 became the #1 ham radio antenna
manufacturer, Champion Radio Products sold *some* F12 products. They tended
to be custom antennas and only very occasionally a C-3 or C-4. The
relationship was dropped after dozens of fruitless phone calls to Tom, N6BT,
over a week's time where I was never able to actually talk to him. Any
company that doesn't field a phone call from one of their dealers isn't one
that I'm interested in doing business with.

    This doesn't change the fact that they make pretty good antennas but
their customer service isn't on the same level.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
Champion Radio Products