[TowerTalk] Question about triband Quad.

Ed W3NR w3nr@vol.com
Wed, 06 Feb 2002 16:16:38 -0500

I for one, highly recommend a trip to W4RNL's web site and read
his articles on quads. He presents quite a bit of useful
information about this subject.

Ed W3NR

2/5/02 9:38:16 AM, "Brown, James E LRDOR"
<James.E.Brown@lrdor.usace.army.mil> wrote:

>How would the receiving capabilities of this antenna be
effected, if at all,

ROBKEL@aol.com
>writes:
>
>> I have recently put together a 2 element triband quad. 20 & 15
M work
>good,
>>  with a under 2.0:1 over full band (<1.4 over most).
>>  10m VSWR is unacceptably high (3:1 or so over full band.
>>  I have checked all connections and dimensions, all OK. Feed
is a single
>feed
>>
>>  line through a balun and then a length of 75 ohm twinlead to
a common
>>  connection of all three bands.
>>  I arranged to isolate just the 10 m DE, and it shows a 2:1
VSWR over
>band.
>>  I was under the impression such antennas were common an
presented a good
>>  match on all bands.  I plan to test the balun soon, and also
considering
>>  2:1 W2FMI transformer.
>
>    You'll have problems when you feed a quad with the
feedpoints tied

>Where do you get ICE bandpass filters & beverage matching
boxes?  The
>same place that pays for the hosting of this list:  The eHam
Store.

http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/towertalk
REQUEST@contesting.com