[TowerTalk] copper pipe for SPG connect??

Bill Otten Bill Otten" <res0958z@verizon.net
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 15:41:30 -0500

I've looked through the archives and haven't found the answer yet....has
anyone used or considered the use of 1" copper pipe to run to connect up an
SPG system? I have about a 75' run from my backyard tower along the side
yard of the house to the power company ground. Along that path I would pass
the bulkhead entrance for my station. The 75' run of 1" copper pipe would be
about $75. How comparable would the pipe be to the 1 1/2" copper strap. Cost
is about the same. Any pros or cons to using the pipe? This is the 1" copper
'blue' label pipe (a bit thicker in wall thickness than the 'red'?)

thanks in advance.......

Bill (KC9CS)