[TowerTalk] radials for 4 square

PY2YP py2yp@pobox.com
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 19:27:04 -0200

Hello All,

I'm working on a 4 square project with 4 towers which are
now being painted. I've read the Low-Band DXing by ON4UN
and find out on the "Buried radials" section that 60
radials, 1/4 wave lenght, per tower will perform well.

I can't use elevated radials because of I must "invade" the
neighbors properties on each side of my property and an
aerial invasion could be miss-understood, so I have to go
by the underground. One side is an unoccupied lot and the
other one is used only for growing fruit trees.

The question is: Do I need to solder the radials which
cross each other in the inner square? Is it too important?

Tips for grounding the 4 square will be very wellcome.

Thanks in advance.

73 DX de PY2YP - Cesar
http://www.cwsp.org.br
mailto:py2yp@pobox.com