[TowerTalk] radials for 4 square

Dave Sublette k4to@meginc.com
Sat, 05 Jan 2002 17:01:23 -0500

I run a 4 square and I did not solder the intersections of radials. It
is my understanding that each radial system should be separate....no
contact between them, in order to maintain the proper phase relationship
for the system. I used insulated hookup wire...#20 or #22, I think.  I
mowed the area very short, then laid the radials on the surface, pinning
them at the ends to keep them down. I allowed the grass to grow tall and
cut it several times with the mower set a little higher than normal. The
clippings eventually buried the radials.

K4TO