[TowerTalk] Are_higher_HF_antenna's_really_better?

WA9ALS - John wa9als@starband.net
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 09:10:27 -0500

> 122 feet, varied opinions notwithstanding. :-) I'd like to
> someday add a small tribander at about 45' with an either/or
> switch to play with just for the heck of it, but the basic
> setup works perfectly for me and my particular operating
> habits. It also beats the socks off the tribander I had
> before, at 35 feet! I also am pretty sure that the
> Phillystran guys are responsible for much of the excellent
> performance I get, particularly with the wires, which had to
> be strung through the guys in any case. Less RF bouncing
> around near the tower has to be a good thing. 73, Jerry W5KP

Similarly, I have the C31XR tribander at 72 ft and Kevlar guys.  I've
been tempted to add a C-3 at 35 ft or so, but so far don't think it
would be worth it for my operating habits (soft-core contesting).
Overall, seems like a pretty good risk/benefit solution.  I've rently
added an HF9V vertical, and I know that will add more to my capabilities
than another (lower) yagi.  Good thread, interesting points all around!

Order online at http://store.eham.net.

-----