[Towertalk] Non-Resonant Guy lengths

Mike Gilmer n2mg@eham.net
Mon, 01 Jul 2002 17:16:41 -0300

Mark,

This topic was kinda beat up last month on this reflector.  Apparently there are a lot of reservations regarding the so-called non-resonant length table the ARRL has been publishing.  Just go to http://lists.contesting.com/pipermail/towertalk/2002-June/ and search the page for "resonance".

Regardless, the numbers from the chart (and subject to eye-ball interpretation) in the ARRL Antenna Book are (for contest bands):

Anything less than ~13 feet (some folks use 3 feet, followed by 11 feet)then 27 feet, 39 feet (kind of tight on 15m), 58 feet (tight on 10m)

I can fax you the page if you'd like.  I have it right here.  Then you can guess as well!

73 Mike N2MG