[Towertalk] The Battle Creek Trapper

Nathan, Kevin KevNathan@DSB.WA.GOV
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 10:09:33 -0700

Hi,

That's the beauty of this antenna to me.  I have all the components laying
around in my garage.  I should add here for those who suggested big loops
and so on, I really don't have the property for one of those and that is why
I am looking at inverted L's, shunt feeding and so on.

Even with shunt feeding I would have to redo my coax feeds and the like to
prevent unwanted coupling from the tower and this would mean adding
connectors and barrels, purchasing new coax and incurring expenses I really
don't want at this point.  This Battle Creek Trapper has appeal because the
design has it working on 40, 80 and 160 as an inverted L with an overall
length of approximately 102 feet which would fit perfectly in a space I have
which would allow me to run it as far away from my G5RV as possible.  I was
just looking for anecdotal material from those who may have used it.

Thanks very much for your feedback and 73.
Kevin, K7RX

Kevin Nathan, Independent Living Coordinator
Dept. of Services for the Blind
3411 S. Alaska
Seattle, Wa 98118
Voice:  (206) 721-6450