[Towertalk] Re: CATV Hardline Splices

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 03:40:15 -0600

Most of my Barrel Connector adapters failed after a few years
for various reasons.

One of my longest lasting splices was made by cutting down the
hardline, exposing ~1/2 inch of center conductor from each side,
slipping a short piece of 1/4 inch copper tubing over the center
conductors, soldering, filling in gap with insulation and using a
sleeve of aluminum tubing with hacksawed splits in the ends,
1/8 inch larger than the hardline jacket, taped ends, hose clamped
over each side of the splice.  Be sure to put the outside splice over
one side BEFORE soldering the center conductors together :-) !

Tom  N4KG

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.