[Towertalk] Re: CATV Hardline Splices

Mike Wetzel mjwetzel@comcast.net
Tue, 04 Jun 2002 11:17:59 -0500

Tom,

I have one 3/4" hardline splice that I used a barrel connector on and I had
to redo it every few years until I started filling the inside with spark
plug grease.  That seems to really help out because I haven't touched that
connection in about 5 years now.  I use a regular barrel with some short
slit pieces of 3/4" aluminum tubing over the barrel and then an overall
piece (or maybe 2) of 7/8" tubing over both ends of the hardline and
barrels, clamped with hose clamps.

Mike W9RE