[Towertalk] Fw: Kwik Block KB5400 Supplier?

Jim White, K4OJ k4oj@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 19:54:56 -0800

Who says the internet is a waste of time?

I have been in correspondence with Brad Marsh of the Kwik Block people and
here is their latest response...I am taking the liberty of posting Brad's
e-mail to me here and hope it is okay with the administrator - I have no
interest in this company but when it was brought up here last week I looked
at that product and my got told me it was an answer to easy vertical antenna
installation!

As a favor to them for taking a look at the amateur radio market please take
a moment to write to

bsm51360@msn.com

with your thoughts - I feel QST, which is the official organ of the American
Radio Relay League - the national non-profit society representing ham radio
and CQ Magazine are the two largest selling publications and a good place to
start.

...since this applies to verticals perhaps some inexpensive ads in
newsletters that favor low band communications is in order as well...

I have explained to them that we are small users of the product and that
perhaps it is better to market through a reseller who can buy in their
routine box quantities...

A special thanks goes to Arne for bringing this to the attention of those on
this e-mail reflector...I even got a reply from a ham friend in Europe
asking how I made out on sourcing!

Now that I think of it wouldn't these be nice if they came with the antennas
we buy from Cushcraft / HyGain / Hustler / Force12...and all the other
vertical manufacturers... perhaps this would be the real answer for Kwik
Block - getting the antenna manufacturers to include them with their
antennas!

Manufacturer's representatives monitoring this reflector may wish to contact
Brad...

Their website is:

http://www.kwikblock.com

This may not be a large portion of our station budget but as a convenient
time saver in the installation of vertical antennas I say lets support them,
as things evolve I know I am planning on some for my spring antenna project
of two 40 meter phased verticals!

73,

Jim, K4OJ

AGAIN - I HAVE NO INTEREST IN THIS COMPANY BUT THEIR PRODUCT IS A GREAT FIT
FOR HAMS!