[Towertalk] Source for masts?

N9EN@VOYAGER.NET n9en@voyager.net
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 06:57:08 -0600

Hello T-T'ers...

I am looking for a source for 10' long by 1/4" wall galvanized
steel masts. I see that Texas Towers no longer carries this
size and length of mast. Does anypne know who sells this
particular size of mast?

I am thinking of visiting my local plumbing distributor and
buying a 21' length of 1-1/2" schedule 80 galvanized steel
pipe. I don't need a mast that will be subjected to extreme
loads; my one application will have a HyGain 105BA
mounted above a HyGain 155BA, seperated by a distance
of 8'.  The 1-1/2" schedule 80 pipe has a wall thickness of
.200" and I would think that this would be adequate for my
application, although a mast with a .250" wall thickness
would be much better.

Thanks for any information on this.

73 de Brad, N9EN @ Radio Free Roscoe (IL)...