[Towertalk] Near Tragedy Averted

Bob Ferrey, Jr. n3dok@pgh.net
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 10:14:07 -0500

I also watched the news story. But not one newsperson said it was a =
Amateur Radio Tower. They said it was a man working on his "TV Antenna". =

Lets all hope the fellow Amateur is OK. And that he decides to have his =
Tower work done by some one else.

Bob N3DOK

I just saw part of the story on CNN, but today (Friday) they showed a =
ham=20
(apparently a "senior citizen" - and I'm close to being one) who had =
fallen=20
from his tower, purportedly at the near-70 foot level.  He was shown =
upside=20
down on his safety harness, apparently unable to right himself.  He was=20
rescued by a cherry picker, and apparently suffered little permanent=20
damage, other than to his pride, I'm sure.  Thank goodness for safety=20
harnesses.  And, for my Hazer system and not having to climb towers.  Be =

safe out there!

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---