[Towertalk] Crank up tower advice needed

Frank C Travanty w9jcc@juno.com
Thu, 2 May 2002 14:55:58 -0700

I've moved two crank ups (Tristao CZ-454FS ~ 400 lbs, and a UST HDX-555
~870 lbs) from the front to the back yard by using ~ 4-5 inch heavy duty
PVC pipe as rollers.  The HDX is a bit more challanging. If you have
fairly level terrain two people can do it. Watch your fingers & feet! By
the way I tilt my HDX-555 over several times a year(never climb). UST
could use a winch with a bit more mechanical advantage for the tilt. When
I sold the Tristao, 4-6 people easily carried it away to their truck.
73, Frank W9JCC