[Towertalk] Insurance Companies

Phil Duff na4m@arrl.net
Wed, 08 May 2002 02:08:17 +0000

At 21:22 5/7/2002 -0400, nkeane4 wrote:
>Having lost a tower and antennas several years ago in a windstorm the
>insurance company (Hartford) was not as concerned about the loss as I was
>when I learned that they only covered the loss up to $1000. This is not part
>of your normal home owners coverage and they didn't even know how to write a
>rider for this purpose at least at the time they didn't.

My State Farm Texas Form B Homeowners policy has a rider "Television &
Radio Antenna" that I added to my policy and I chose a coverage
amount.  Runs a little over $4/$100 coverage.

The ARRL ham radio equipment insurance plan by Seabury & Smith now has
replacement coverage for towers, rotators, and antennas including labor at
$1.50/$100. coverage.  Of course you must insure all your ham gear with the
ARRL Plan.

But, I was told by another ham that the ARRL plan only covered $5,000. for
tower/antennas.   The plan information I was mailed does not state this
anywhere I can see.   Can anyone else shed any light on this before I call
Seabury & Smith?

73 Phil NA4M

....- --
Phil Duff NA4M     na4m@arrl.net   Georgetown, Texas