[Towertalk] C.A.T.S./Rotor Doctor RD1800

Frank W8H0 fnorton@chartermi.net
Sat, 11 May 2002 07:23:53 -0400

Hi Dave and Others on TowerTalk,

The rating sheet on the RD-1800 shows that it's measurements will fit into
a slightly smaller space than a T2X.  Craig told me that was because it
doesn't have any "lumps" on the side....the casing is perfectly smoothe.

Here are the other specifications of usual interest--Wind Load : 25 sq.
ft., Vertical Load: 900 lbs.

73 de Frank W8HO

At 01:58 AM 5/11/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Frank,
>
>I can't get to their web page tonight but can that RD-1800 be mounted in my
>US Tower/Tristao 71 footer that is 12.6" on a side at the top?  I have a T2X
>there now but its getting flaky (sticks and won't move for a day or so).
>He rebuilt the rotor 10 years ago and did a good job and it was overhauled
>by WB4GNT MGS Systems 5 years ago...its 20 years old tho.  I have a 2el 12
>meter X beam, KT34XA, 2 el cushcraft 40, and a isopole 2 meter at the top
>all mounted on a WD9IIX ladder mast (400 pounds for all).
>73 Dave K4JRB
>
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I just received my rotator that I ordered back in January.  I can't
> > overstate how it was worth the wait!  Craig seems to have designed a real
> > gem here.  It is extreme.y precise in both its start and stop of rotation.
> >
> > I have no business relationship with C.A.T,S,/RotorDoctor other than that
> > of a satisfied customer for the past few years.  I started by having
> > repairs done, then by purchasing a rebuilt Ham IV with a Digital Control,
> > and a Ham IV analog that had been rebuilt.  All of these perform
> > magnificently.  That is why when I heard about the RD-1800 and it's
> > capabilities....I was certain it would be the rotator to turn my stack of
> > Optibeam OB 16-3, and HyGain 40 meter 2 element beam.
> >
> > If you are considering turning a fairly heavy load of antennas, and want
> > do so  with precision....please take a look at the RD-1800 rotator.  I
> > think you will be quite satisfied.
> >
> > Here is the URL<http://www.rotordoc.com> for the rotator.  And here is the
> > page for the Optibeam in this country
> > <http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/optibeammain.htm#top%20of%20page>
> >
> > Thanks for your time.  Good luck with your tower projects this spring!
> >
> > 73 de Frank W8HO

ALL INCOMING AND OUTGOING MAIL PROCESSED BY NORTON ANTIVIRUS 2002