[Towertalk] EZNEC 3.0 question

Michael Tope W4EF@dellroy.com
Sun, 19 May 2002 14:12:05 -0700

As far as I know, the answer is no. EZNEC 3.0 will, however, dump a summary
of the antenna's pattern characteristics versus frequency to a text file
(the
filename and location is specifiied in the frequency sweep menu).
Unfortunately,
the file format doesn't it lend itself to easy extraction into a spreadsheet
program
like Microsoft Excel (there is a paragraph of information for each frequency
rather than columns of data). One could probably write a simple basic
program
to extract the data in something that Excel could read (tab or space
delimited
columns).

There is a free program available called MultiNec which works with several
of
the popular NEC simulators (including EZNEC). I believe it features the
graphing
capability you are asking about (gain and F/B versus frequency), but I am
not
positive (I haven't tried it yet). You can take a look at it at the
following URL:

http://www.qsl.net/ac6la/multinec.html

73 de Mike, W4EF....................