[Towertalk] Freq on Ground and On Tower

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 09:18:39 -0600

There was a note in QST some years ago pointing out that
standing antennas UP to check SWR before installing would
give better results if the reflector is ABOVE ground.  The
Lower the F/B, the HIGHER it needs to be to prevent detuning
effects from the ground.  Unfortunately, I don't remember
the recommended heights for high and low F/B.  I believe they
were in the range of a few few feet to maybe 10 ft or so for
high band antennas.

Tom  N4KG