[Towertalk] Antenna aluminum for Vhf/Uhf

kk9a@arrl.net kk9a@arrl.net
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 21:20:39 -0500

I was looking for the same thing two months ago to make a hairpin match.  I
purchased two 12' pieces of 3/16" dia 6061 from www.metalmart.com .  I was
able to pick it up locally, perhaps they have a warehouse near you.  My
local Ace Hardware has 1/4" dia unknown grade aluminum.

John

----- Original Message -----
From: <k0sd@juno.com>
To: <Towertalk@contesting.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2002 7:43 PM
Subject: [Towertalk] Antenna aluminum for Vhf/Uhf

Hello towertalkians,
   I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask, or if someone can point
me to a better reflector.   I build most of my own VHF/UHF antennas, but
have run out of aluminum rod, and am trying to find a source for more,
preferable local.   I'm looking for 3/16 to 1/4 inch aluminum rod,
preferable in 5 ft or longer lengths.   I've tried the local Lowe's
store, they have aluminum angle, and galvanized rod, but no aluminum rod.
  Wonder if anyone on here knows of a good probable local source for
something like this.   I'd prefer not to have to mail order, although I'd
do it as a last resort.   The shorter lengths on 2/222/432 don't require
the hardened aluminum, I've used whatever I could find.
   Thank you for any help.

73's de Stephen, K0SD in NC