[Towertalk] GAO Challenger DX

Steve Katz stevek@jmr.com
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 11:49:25 -0700

Good comments, Jim (below).

However, it seems to me the SteppIR approach probably requires as extensive
a radial field as any other multiband vertical, and that's most of the work
for many of us (including me).  If I'm spending a few weekends laying
radials in such a way they won't be tripped over, cut by the gardener, etc,
at that point I may as well install a multi-band linear-loaded (or
equivalent) vertical to cover several bands instantly, without the "wait" or
complexity of a motor driven radiator.

But, that's just me...

WB2WIK/6