[Towertalk] installing tall masts

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 23:27:58 -0600

>From your description, I *assume* your 24 ft mast
that resides above the mast for your 15M beam
is THIN  WALL  ALUMINUM (a fact you neglected to state)
and NOT a THICK WALL STEEL MAST.

FWIW, we use the opposite approach at Field Day,
inserting 20 ft  1-1/4 inch masts for our 80M antennas
*inside* the short masts for the 20M and 15M antennas.

Tom  N4KG