[Towertalk] Phillystran

Dale L Martin kg5u@hal-pc.org
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 10:57:44 -0600

Dave,

I may not be reading you right, but if you plan to runn Phillystran directly
from the tower top down 33ft, you might want to reconsider that.

(Fellow TT'ers, please correct me if I'm misspeaking here)

>From reading the threads about using Phillystran, my understanding is to use
5'-10' of EHS from the tower guy point, then do the philly to about 10 or 15
feet above the ground, and finish with EHS.

As you work on the tower moving things around (antennas, wires, etc.),
dropping tools, and otherwise making physical contact with the guys, it will
be with the EHS portion and not the philly, which can be easily damaged.

73,
dale, kg5u