[TowerTalk] Inspiration from this List - TreeTower

Robert Shohet kq2m at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 1 09:41:15 EST 2003

Hi Brian,

Congratulations on upgrading your station and tnx for the 2 qso's this past
weekend in the contest.

WPX is a GREAT contest for those with modest antennas since there is room to
CQ and most guys can be a mult.  Plus you can work stations stations on 6
bands and all DX qso's count double on the low bands.

With bigger antennas up higher you will experience earlier and longer band
openings with a wider variety of stations audible in more exotic locations.

With the second hand tower you will also be able to string up some more
effective wire antennas at better heights so that you can increase your
effectiveness and enjoyment on the low bands as well.  There are lots of
great articles about this in the archives as well.

Best of luck to you with your new project!

73
Bob KQ2M