[TowerTalk] Location

Steve Katz stevek at jmr.com
Mon Apr 7 15:47:35 EDT 2003

One thing I haven't seen mentioned here (I don't think)...

...normally, if a home has *any* use restrictions that seem out of the
ordinary, there's a nearly 100% chance that antenna/tower restrictions are
included.

I don't even bother asking about antenna/tower restrictions, just driving
through the area answers that question.  I do ask, "Is it okay to park on
the street overnight?  Is it okay to install a higher fence?  Is it okay to
plant tall trees?"  Things like that are questions to which the realtor is
more likely to really know the answers, and those answers are very telling.
If they're "no," chances are "no" antennas are allowed, either -- even
without digging deeply into the covenants.

As a libertarian of convenience, I don't want to live anywhere I cannot park
my car outside, or have a taller fence than my neighbors, or plant 50' tall
trees if I wish.  So, if I can't do those things, I wouldn't consider buying
in that neighborhood, anyway.  The tower questions can come later.

Most RA zoning (residential/agricultural) where raising farm animals is
allowed also allows antennas...

WB2WIK/6

"Success is the ability to go from failure to failure with no loss of
enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill